[ARCHIVE] Outdated UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

@ Reducer
Unfortunately, not always there is a description of the changes.
@ 9tailsfox
Do you have any suggestions?

@
That puzzled. :slight_smile:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2E2S35…dit?usp=sharing
It reminds me of a parody of Aptio 5. All modules OROM in GUID 9F3A0016-AE55-4288-829D-D22FD344C347.

Edit:
Who has ideas on how to update the BIOS without using such Hex Editor?

haha :slight_smile: always thought latest is the best.

If only it were so, the problems with the upgrade was much less.

@ SoniX can we also use this UBU tool to insert file, like to have a better native UEFI bios for Hackintoch, I seen in other forums people replacing file system and inserting them in Bios like for instance the HFS+ file system that this OS use and some other for example. Can u help me on that or can I find the files and U help me out I know they have to be in a FFS format not EFI but U should know what I’m talking about.

@ Camp Anaconda:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Although I doubt, that there will be an UBU tool option to insert any additional modules into the BIOS (UBU means "UEFI BIOS Updater"), only SoniX knows the answer.
I am sure, that you will get it very soon.

Regards
Fernando

Hello,

i have an ASRock H97 Pro4 Mainboard.

Is there a way to enable All Core Turbo for non K CPUs (like the Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3)

I read that you have to change the microcode from 306C3/9 to 306C3/7, but I don’t know how to do that^^

Thanks in advance

Never done it, so I can not say anything. :frowning:

H97 Pro4 v1.40 with MC 07

@Camp_Anaconda

You should check google for “Ozmosis” BIOS but it does not work for every UEFI. With my X79 Board I had too many problems on this.

Good hack hanson

EDIT: check this page for detailed “how to”

H97 Pro4 v1.40 with MC 07

Thank you very much.
But my PC crashs often with this modded BIOS. Thanks for the effort.

@ dewa710
In this case, you’d better contact support ASRock.

Thanks guy appreciate your answer I will look in to it, I know that read some where some forum that I don’t remember now about a tool that does this, I believe it was Aptio Tool, but anyway thanks.

@SoniX or @Fernando
Would you please locally upload UBU v1.7.0? My MB is either having a problem with the latest BIOS or the latest UBU. Asus updated the BIOS for IM memory use. I’d need v1.7.0 to test it out. I’ve blue screened once, woke up to a restart at the logon screen, and my network connection stopped working 3 times now. Thank you.

If you look carefully thread, then uvmdite that much of a difference between versions 1.7.0 and 1.8.x is not. So we start with version 1.8.0 has been added support AMD platforms. For Intel platforms, it was only the microcode 1A Hasvell, IRSTe 4.0 and Intel LAN. All other modules and the procedure to update them have not changed.
I think you have most likely a problem with the drivers of the devices, or what that failure during the update modules or BIOS.

Here is the link: >UBU v1.7.0<

Update: The link to the absolutely outdated UBU version has been removed.

Found out it was the latest BIOS (4801 Beta) for the X79 Sabertooth that was giving me the problems and not UBU, of course. Thanks again for the help.

For those curious and haven’t tried yet, 1C removes TSX.

There are about 5 odd pages on HW erratas but no idea what else has been fixed, anyone where this kind of information may be stored?

http://www.intel.com/content/www/xr/ar/p…core%20i7-4790k

1C seems t overclock fine. My core temperatures are more stable under stress test load. In contrast 1A did not OC well.

Any good updates coming out of those new X99 BIOS’? I’m curious to see what new stuff is being used and if anyone else can benefit from any of it as well.

Hello,
is there any way to mod a new Asus B85m-G Bios with an older microcode (306C3/7) so i can overclock my Xeon1230v3 to 3.7Ghz on all cores?
The bad on this board is: it don’t support USB Bios Flashback :-/, only with a windows tool, or flashing the new bios with the flashtool that is insert the bios…

@ M249:
Welcome at WinRAID Forum!

It may be possible, but you probably have to do it manually (the UBU tool is an "updater" and doesn’t support a "downgrade" of BIOS modules).

If you want to flash a modded ASUS BIOS without having the "USB Flashback" option, you should look into CodeRush’s guide about the use of the AFU tool. You can find it >here<.

Regards
Fernando