[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

hi
there is someone who has experience MSI NB ??
how to properly flash a custom file ,from UBU updater

normally I only get a file error ./

gt75 7re "AMI 5" or AFUDOS is OK ?

Hi guys,
here is the dumbed BIOS from the flash chip. Could you modify it for NVME support please?
Thank you very much.

HPZ620.rar (5.81 MB)

there is a mode to flashback bios with asus board?

@danyalbmw - That board has does not have USB Flashback, so you should use method I outline below.
AFU should not be required here, and you should NEVER use CAPSULE or RECOVERY with Mod BIOS, often = brick

@NeXt3R - Dump BIOS region with FPT (below), unlock BIOS/SMI Lock with this guide, then dump BIOS region again below (#1) and then mod that, then flash it back (Step #2 below)

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!
Additionally, please remove all BIOS passwords, disable secure boot, and disable TPM or Encryption if you have enabled. Do this before moving on to below

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOSā€™ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section ā€œC.2ā€ find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose ā€œopen command window hereā€ (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If ā€œopen command window hereā€ does not appear, look for the ā€œSimple Registry Editā€ belowā€¦))

Step #1

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Step #2

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Donā€™t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds ā€œOpen command window here as Administratorā€ to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for youā€¦
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

@Rabanik - What is going on there? ^^ I made you NVME mod BIOS for this system already back in May - [Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS (47)
Did you get flash programmer now?

@pipes80 - What is the model? If Intel, then yes, FPT as outlined above, if AMD see Asus section of post one, or ANNEX of this guide here (the one weā€™re in now)

@Lost_N_BIOS
Hi. Yes. But it was the BIOSREG. My friend needs a full size BIOS with LAN MAC ID etc. (everything)
The motheboard is in my friendā€™s hands and yes he has the flash programmer. And that dump I have upload is the dump of the exact BIOS chip which you required.
Cold you arrange a full size modded BIOS?

Thank you very much.

Thank you
Iā€™ll see "I still donā€™t know if I need mod bios" old bios works still fine
.,I have a hwprogramer "gpu TDP mod" planned so Iā€™ll try + test update my bios too
when the hwprogramer arrives for backup

thanks

edit,translation

itā€™s amd, is a TUF X570 Gaming Plus

@Rabanik - Sure, no problem, I just wasnā€™t sure what was going on there
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?filā€¦616245598481332

@NeXt3R - OK? If you donā€™t need mod BIOS, then nothing to flash, and no reason to make post about flashing mod BIOS

@pipes80 - For that board, see the ā€œAnnexā€ section of the first post in this thread
Dump BIOS that way, edit it, then flash back that same way

@Lost_N_BIOS
Thank you a lot! I will tell you if it works later for sure :slight_smile: but it will take maybe a month because I let to ship the motherboard with other things which are not finished yet.

I know the method but for a flashback no work because read only bios in region chip

@pipes80 - Flashrom method bypasses all that.

Stupide thing have done :person_facepalming:
Delete bios with the command erase :person_facepalming:

@pipes80 - DO NOT REBOOT!!! Did you make any backup of BIOS first, ever, using any method? If yes, send to me to check to be sure itā€™s full BIOS, unless you know how. Then program it back.
If you do not have any BIOS backup, please confirm you have the non-Wifi model, correct? https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming-X570-Plus/
If yes, download the stock BIOS, open in UEFITool and select AMI Capsule and right click, choose extract body. If you have the WIFI model, download itā€™s BIOS and do the same. Then program that to the BIOS. This will get you booting.

Then send me images of all the stickers on your board, donā€™t forget the long white skinny one, and be sure to check top/bottom sides of PCI/PCIE slots, and side of 24 pin. As well as on sides/bottom of all the I/O area, sticker may be on that plastic somewhere.

Never mind the above for now, Asus does not provide complete BIOS image on their website, BIOS does not end (no VTF - Volume Top File), so it will not boot like that, at least Iā€™m 99.9% sure it wont.
You will need to find someone else with same board on some forum (Ask this user at OCN, or find others), and ask them to send you a dumped BIOS, using the method in the Annex section of post #1.
That or purchase one of the dumps found in google at paid places, but before you do that, be sure users comment that itā€™s OK (some places just extract body from capsule and call this a ā€œBIOS dumpā€ and in this case that will not be bootable, or at least I do not think so anyway)
Then we fix with your details, then you program it back.

Do not reboot, unless you have flash programmer, then it wont matter and we can fix with programmer, once you have someone elses dump we can use.
Once you reboot though it will be bricked, so be ready for that, and know itā€™s coming, or do not reboot.

@icelandicsamurai @PH9214 - Do you guys still have X570 TUF Gaming Plus (Non-WiFI or WIFI Models OK for this purpose)
If yes, would you mind to please dump BIOS using method from ā€œAnnexā€ section of post #1 in this thread, if you can, thank you very much!
Sorry PH9214, if youā€™re still stuck, I just now seen [url=https://www.win-raid.com/t6347f16-TUF-Gaming-X-Plus-Stuck-In-Recovery-Mode-After-afudos-recovery.html]your thread[url]. You may need to wait here too, once we fix this for pipes80 I can help you fix, but you will need flash programmer if you canā€™t boot to DOS right now.

Too late, i have reboot thinking then the command E no work and now the board not boot Up only Power on

@pipes80 - Very sorry to hear you rebooted!!

This board is not very TUF without USB Flashback, bad name they chose for the series!
You will need flash programmer to fix + you will need to make your own SPI header cable, because BIOS on this board is WSON and cannot be clipped
Tag @elmor over on this Asus page, and ask him if he can give you the pinout for 13-pin SPI header for Asus - https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.phā€¦p-PCIe-x16-slot
Or maybe @dsanke or @chinobino can link you to an image or some info etc

Hello ,

I run UBU tool and flash in Asrock >> instant Flash >> flash and reset >> reboot and ME FW 11.8 by the same not any change to 11.7 for coffeelake . Any brothers show me solution pls , many thanks ! Asrock H110M-DGS rev 3

donā€™t worry man i have already solved it with amazon assistance ā€¦ however the card does not have the possibility to attach a spi cable for the BIOS flash, it only has a com_debug and a spi_tpm socket.
I thanks boh infinity
-----------------------

another attempt went wrong, tried a BIOS mod of a new striker 2 and the board did not boot anymore ā€¦ the BIOS chip is a soldered plcc32 ā€¦ how can you reprogram with the programmer?

@digilabs - You need flash programmer, or do to pinmod (see E.1 here) then dump FD with FPT, edit per section B, spoiler 2, image 1 or two of same thread, then flash it back.
Then you can flash in the modified ME FW region downgrade using FPT

@pipes80 _ ALL This BIOS mods you do over time, and you donā€™t have cheap programmer yet!?!?! Get a set, itā€™s cheap
Genrally speaking, you use SOIC8 (SOP8) test clip with cable, to attach to BIOS that are soldered to board, or you use U Type Flat IC extractor to pull BIOS that are in sockets.
Connecting via SPI cable can be done as well, if you have the right cables or make them, if the board has SPI header. But, directly about this board, it SPI Header, right beside the BIOS chip, I looked before I replied to you. That is SPI/TPM (either or)

Wow, another board bricked too!?!?! Please stop flashing BIOS to boards for now, it sounds like you need help doing BIOS mods At least let someone check your mod before you flash
I can help anytime, just ask me

PLCC32, soldered, is tough one, you will need to desolder probably! Unless board has a SPI header?
If it was in socket, I could link you to programmer to fix

I have TLC 866 but cannot flash a soldered BIOSā€¦the bios had updated for Xenon mod withaward BIOS editor but maybe have wrong thingsā€¦

@Lost_N_BIOS
I wonder if flashrom could flash the assign region or address of bios?