MC Extractor: Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale Microcode Extraction Tool Discussion

A post was merged into an existing topic: Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale CPU Microcode Repositories Discussion

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: CPU Microcode BIOS modding questions/problems

Python 3.11.2 (tags/v3.11.2:878ead1, Feb 7 2023, 16:38:35) [MSC v.1934 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type “help”, “copyright”, “credits” or “license()” for more information.

========== RESTART: F:!!! Не удалять !!!\BIOS\MCE 1.78.2 r258\MCE.py ==========
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “F:!!! Не удалять !!!\BIOS\MCE 1.78.2 r258\MCE.py”, line 25, in
sys.stdout.reconfigure(encoding=‘utf-8’) # Fix Windows Unicode console redirection
AttributeError: ‘StdOutputFile’ object has no attribute ‘reconfigure’

“MCE 1.78.2 r257”
Run as ADMIN CMD or TERMINAL
Rename the folder to something simple and no spaces, etc… ex:

C:\MCE\

Also so check App Aliases and Path

EDIT: RUS characters… Try this unicode - How to set sys.stdout encoding in Python 3? - Stack Overflow

Or wait for developer anwser… but i think is not app related, its more SYS/PYTHON issue.

1. Command line and environment — Python 3.11.2 documentation

Python 3.11.2 (tags/v3.11.2:878ead1, Feb 7 2023, 16:38:35) [MSC v.1934 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type “help”, “copyright”, “credits” or “license()” for more information.

========================== RESTART: C:\Temp\MCE\MCE.py =========================
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Temp\MCE\MCE.py”, line 25, in
sys.stdout.reconfigure(encoding=‘utf-8’) # Fix Windows Unicode console redirection
AttributeError: ‘StdOutputFile’ object has no attribute ‘reconfigure’

ADMIN CMD
C:\Temp\MCE\MCE.py
CMD window is closed.
All Path is OK.

Deinstall Python 3.11.2
Install Python 3.8.7
Now everything is fine!

@ All

platomav/MCExtractor: Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale Microcode Extraction Tool (github.com)

2 Likes

Hello

I am looking for version 1.90.1 of MC Extractor (mce.exe) to work with the DB r265
UBU tells me that I have 1.80

Thanks

Hello

Still looking for the MCE.exe file where I can’t find a link to download it

And why the mce.py file available here has a size of 1MB

GitHub - platomav/MCExtractor: Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale Microcode Extraction Tool

And in the archive here the file just does 91ko

Release DB r266 · platomav/MCExtractor · GitHub

Which to use ?

It’s been a while since I’ve used UBU

Thanks for your help

Just copy and overwrite the *mdb and the *py from the DB update r266 in UBU folder.
Exactly as is in UBU_v1_79_17, no exe on his folder.
The *EXE was depreciated by the tool developer on releases.

As a standalone, any file dropped in the *py will work as intended, attending the tool requirements.

Ok thanks for your answer
I don’t use python (don’t want to install software just for that) and with MCE.exe 1.80 it works fine, but have to keep old mdb and py files

I’ll stay like this then

@tistou77
MCE_1.90.1.zip (7.5 MB)

2 Likes

@Michael_Code Thanks so much

1 Like

12 posts were split to a new topic: Upgrade from i3-6006U

A post was merged into an existing topic: Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale CPU Microcode Repositories Discussion

MCExtractor-1.90.2-r271 executable
MCExtractor-1.90.2-r271.zip (8.4 MB)
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/ece85e1562cf4ecb02594cb205c8d2895290f93b0900a90b43cd30d8d92ed218

1 Like

Good luck for all helpers.

Can anyone knows where can I download MCE.exe v1.90.2 for DB r271? Why the latest ones not inside the new build?

@karakarga
MC Extractor: Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale Microcode Extraction Tool Discussion - Special Topics / CPU Microcodes - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

What latest ones??? this week posted mcodes?

If so, thats simple, the developer and maintainer doesnt live from his kindness or forum good will of users, everyone here…mostly, has his one private and personal life outside a free forum like ours and work for living.
The developer usually have spare time on the weekends for realising updated builds.

I mean latest r270, r271 versions mce.exe was not present at Releases · platomav/MCExtractor · GitHub only small sized zip file.