[OFFER] ASUS Z87-A Bios/UEFI_v2103_complete_mods

as requested by "DACHIGGA" mods as per pictures below

EFI IRST RAID for SATA 12.7.0.1936 ----> 14.8.2.2397
EFI GOP Driver Haswell 5.0.1036 ----> 5.5.1034
EFI Intel Gigabit UNDI 5.4.19 ----> 0.1.00
OROM Intel Boot Agent CL 1.5.43 ----> 0.1.16
EFI Realtek UNDI 2.020 ----> 2.054
OROM Realtek Boot Agent GE —> 2.67

CPU 306C3 microcode 19 ----> 28 (latest Spectre/Meltdown microcode) Thx Sonix!

NVMe functionality via ------> NVMe mod to run UEFI NVMe SSDs using module NvmExpressDxe_5.ffs after CSMCORE for this Aptio IV UEFI/BIOS

Enjoy your NVMe capable drive!

Backup your drives and old bios BEFORE flashing…

Edit: Microcode updated to v 28, network EFI/ROMs updated March 05, 2021

NVMeDxe5.Ffs updated Nov 11, 2023

Z87A.rar (4.8 MB)

BTW microcode v 28 fixes Microarchitectural Data Sampling (or MDS) side-channel vulnerabilities in Intel CPUs in addition to Spectre/Meltdown vulnerabilties.

Edited Bios/UEFI uploaded March 05, 2021

Good Morning! Does this modified BIOS fit the ASUS Z87-K Motherboard ??

@rockwxnl : Check the link below for:

[OFFER] ASUS Z87-K_BIOS_UEFI_v1402_complete mod

@hancor Appreciate the effort. Now I wish this motherboard also had FlashBack, but sadly not.

Do you know how to convert your file into ROM format? Been checking this forum for clues but cannot find.

[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

• Using the AMI tool AFUWIN:
    • Download the latest AFU tools from the AMI websites (the download link to the “AMIBIOS and Aptio AMI Firmware Update Utility” can be found >here<).
    • Follow this easy, but obviously often successful trick to circumvent the ASUS BIOS protection (detected and published >here< by ValkyrieStar):
      1. Copy the original (untouched) BIOS file into the same directory as the file AFUWINx64.exe.
      2. Flash the original BIOS by running the following Command Prompt (as Admin):

afuwinx64.exe <NAME OF THE ORIGINAL BIOS>.CAP

3. Replace the original BIOS within the AFUWIN64 folder by the modded one (must have the extension *.ROM!).
      4. Flash the modded BIOS by running the following Command Prompt as Admin:

afuwinx64.exe <NAME OF THE MODDED BIOS>.ROM /GAN

5. The UEFI BIOS should now be fully re-flashed and updated! Reboot and give it a try!

• Asus Suit/EZ BIOS refuse to install even after I installed Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)
    Zitat von Bravecone im Beitrag #5
    @hancor Appreciate the effort. Now I wish this motherboard also had FlashBack, but sadly not.

Do you know how to convert your file into ROM format? Been checking this forum for clues but cannot find.

[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS
  • Using the AMI tool AFUWIN:
    • Download the latest AFU tools from the AMI websites (the download link to the "AMIBIOS and Aptio AMI Firmware Update Utility" can be found >here<).
    • Follow this easy, but obviously often successful trick to circumvent the ASUS BIOS protection (detected and published >here< by ValkyrieStar):
      1. Copy the original (untouched) BIOS file into the same directory as the file AFUWINx64.exe.
      2. Flash the original BIOS by running the following Command Prompt (as Admin):

afuwinx64.exe <NAME OF THE ORIGINAL BIOS>.CAP

3. Replace the original BIOS within the AFUWIN64 folder by the modded one (must have the extension *.ROM!).
      4. Flash the modded BIOS by running the following Command Prompt as Admin:

afuwinx64.exe <NAME OF THE MODDED BIOS>.ROM /GAN

5. The UEFI BIOS should now be fully re-flashed and updated! Reboot and give it a try!

• Asus Suit/EZ BIOS refuse to install even after I installed Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit)

You can google the procedure via youtube using the UEFITool as below:

ASUS Cap. File To Rom.File
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOYyszYgF4

Also now attached above, pretty straightforward...

Cheers

Thanks @hancor , it worked on my board as well. A note for other users though: if AFUWIN fails for you for some reason, the method of using AI Suite’s EZ Update as described by @Wishbringer worked for me. (Well, I assume it did, since InSpectre now lists my device as protected).

As a separate but related question: does this modded bios support PCIe bifurcation? I couldn’t find an entry for it, but I was under the impression that PCIe bifurcation is often implemented along with NVMe support.

EDIT: Kept spelling bifurcation wrong.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I’m assuming this means boot support for nvme drives? I’m wanting to buy a pcie to m.2 card and boot into windows 10

Not a dumb question for the uninitiated…

Your assumption is indeed correct, the above bios means boot support for nvme drives.

Cheers & enjoy

Thanks for your speed response Hancor, much appreciated. Unfortunately I bricked my bios, I used the method of updating through the AI Suite update that I found on this site. I tried using the ASUS Crashfree Bios 3 feature by putting the stock firmware on a USB stick but it’s not working, which is too bad as that is supposed to fix a corrupted bios. Guess I’ll be buying a new motherboard to get the nvme functionality.

you can revive your bios by using a chip programmer; see this thread:

[Guide] Using CH341A-based programmer to flash SPI EEPROM

@kenenak I opened bios with AMIBCP 4.55.0070 and there is no bios module to edit the PCIe slots as shown in this thread:

[Guide] - How to Bifurcate a PCI-E slot

Bifurcate support looks like it is limited to X79, X99 High End Desktop and Server Chipset boards.

Cheers

Thanks for looking into it hancor. I suppose it’s time for me to upgrade my system then lol

Thank you hancor, you are the best! Now, I’m using my PC with Z87-A MB with a 970 Evo Plus. Here are my benchmark results: https://i.ibb.co/yWWRVxq/2019-09-05-17-5…k-6-0-2-x64.jpg

For those who are going to buy a Samsung NVMe SSD, Samsung’s Data Migration Tool is very handy for cloning your old system SSD or HDD to the new one.

Glad that worked out for you…

Cheers and enjoy!

Thank for the modded BIOS. NVME support works but there were several issues that took me hours to figure out and I would like to share the experience to help others. The first is that initially (at least for me) the drive would not show up in the BIOS despite the update. Formatting it in Windows and marking the volume as “active” in disk management had no effect on this behavior. Doing a fresh install of Windows 10 was impossible, it gives a warning that “the system might not support booting from the drive and to enable it in the BIOS” but it still let me continue, when it goes to reboot after copying files from the DVD/flash drive it fails to continue and gives error 0xc000000e, that Windows/system32/winload.exe is missing or contains errors. Startup repair can’t fix this error and the drive still didn’t show up in the BIOS. After hours, multiple flashes, searching for fixes, and Windows install attempts I found a method that worked. I had to install Windows 10 on a SATA drive and then clone that drive to the NVME SSD, only this resulted in being able to actually see the NVME drive as a boot device and successfully boot from it. After that everything seems good but I wish I had known what I needed to do beforehand, it would have avoided a lot of hassle. If there another easier way to do this then feel free to let me know. Also, for some reason I now have a “PATA SM:” boot option in the BIOS despite the board not having any IDE connections though really, I’m just glad that the drive and adapter I spent $73 on is working.

@madmatt2024 - That is normal, you can’t see drive or any evidence of NVME drive until you install OS (win8-10 bootloader onto it)
    To install Win10, you need to install from GPT initialized USB to GPT Or RAW disk - follow all steps at #4 here in the “This is what you should do” section - [Guide] How to get full NVMe support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

PATA SM = normal, some BIOS show UEFI Bootloader,others something else, all BIOS vary here.

I am not hardware guy so i would appreciate some instructions and advice. I was hoping to upgrade my drive with (available in my local stores):
    https://www.links.hr/hr/ssd-500-gb-samsu…-mb-s-051400627
    using
    https://www.telebit.hr/adapter-pcie-x16-…630-00uanz.html

I have original Z87-A 2103 bios installed. Do i need bios mod form this page to make it work? If needed, how to install this mod?
    I downloaded “AMI AFU For Aptio 4, afuwin” but when i run
    > AFUWINx64.EXE Z87A_ROM.rom /GAN
    i get
    Unknown command or option : /GAN

What are tools and procedure to make it work?
    Thank you for helping.

I could not update my bios telling me that the rom is not compatible GRYPHON Z87 ASUS 2103 I tried with the files I leave. Do you have any compatible with GRYPHON Z87 ASUS 2103 this is board link https://www.asus.com/latin/Motherboards/…N_Z87/overview/ Sorry for my English

You need a bios particular to your motherboard.

@gamaquintero See the following link here: [OFFER] Asus Z87 Gryphon Bios_UEFI_v2103 full mods