[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

I don’t have access. Why?

@kiddagoat :
Which OS are you running? If it should be Win10, why do you want to replace the in-box MS USB 3.0/3.1 drivers by AMD ones?
Note: AMD and Intel obviously have stopped the development of USB 3.0/3.1 drivers.

@blankworld :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Access to what?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando

I was not aware that AMD and Intel have stopped development.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I appreciate the reply and the heads up.

Hi, I installed a modded intel 200 series driver to solve my problema on a inpiron 5557 with generical driver on windows 10, that on windows 7, and intel drivers works very fine.
I use a external usb hub 4 ports, and, on windows 7, I can disconect one of many devices that can be connected in this hub, and this hub is not disconnected together with the specific device disconnected, and now on windows 10 I have a new problem, if I do the same action, the hub is disconnected too, and I need disconect fisicaly the hub with all others devices and connect again.

Is that right?
Thanks.

I installed the USB 3.0/3.1 drivers for AMD on my X470 board, and it completely broke functionality with my Oculus Rift CV1 sensors (all went to red indicators and Oculus reported the sensors not working correctly). The default USB drivers on W10 work fine.

Opposite of that however, I needed the latest ASMedia USB 3.1 drivers in order to get the HMD working correctly (Oculus complained about outdated drivers when using stock W10 drivers, and the HMD had poor tracking iirc).

@Fernando I just came across this topic when Googling (again) for USB3 issues.

Ever since I switched to a system build around an Asus X99-A II with W10 I’ve had the problem that when I safe-remove external USB3 storage devices, it either automatically remounts and Windows giving an error about not being able to safe-remove the storage device, or the storage device ends up in an unmount-(re)mount loop.

Do these modded drivers fix that? I haven’t been able to find driver-updates for this board, not from Intel, Asmedia or MS…

Hey guys,

I followed very closely some posts on USB 3.0/3.1 drivers install on windows 7 environment, tried most of the solutions i found online but none seemed to do the job.
I would really appreciate some help on this one please. I have purchased 2 identical setups :I5-10400 comet lake processor, Intel H410M motherboards and cant manage to install Windows 7, and in an installed machine with windows 7 i can’t install the usb drivers.
The Hardware ID i get is:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A3AF&CC_0C03

I tried adding a bunch of USB 3.0 and 3.1 drivers to windows installation media, tried some Gigabyte and MSI tools to add USB and NVMe also,
In the installed PC i tried @Fernando 's original and modified drivers… but still no luck!.

Really needing your help on this one :wink:

Thank you very much in advance,
Ricardo.

@7volumes :
This thread is about USB 3.0/3.1 drivers for Windows Operating Systems, which are still officially supported by Microsoft.
If you are running the meanwhile outdated OS Win7, you will find a solution for all your USB driver problems within >this< thread.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks

hello. I have downloaded 2 different sets for amd and asmedia. none of them seem to work. i even try to install them manually from the device manager still does not work. not too sure what i am doing wrong.

PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_2142&SUBSYS_87561043
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43BA&SUBSYS_11421B21
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_145C&SUBSYS_145C1022
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_145C&SUBSYS_87611043

USB\ROOT_HUB30&VID1022&PID145C
USB\ROOT_HUB30&VID1022&PID43BA
USB\ROOT_HUB30&VID1B21&PID2142

win10 x64 mobo asus x399-e

@fpresiado :
Why are you trying to replace the Win10 in-box generic MS USB 3.0/3.1 drivers?
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

performance loss, window driver issues, transferring via usb it’s really slow. 15mb to 20. i know it can go much faster. using an SSD as a USB is still slow. the USB external is 3.0 using proper cable still slow transfers. i remember when I first got this mobo the chipsets from AMD installed. now I get windows drivers and since then I had this problem.

@Fernando
AMD USB-C driver updated.

USB31_NV.zip (210 KB)

@ all:
Update of the Start Post
Changelog:

• AMD USB 3.0+3.1 Drivers:
    • new: 64bit AMD Radeon USB 3.1 drivers v1.0.0.13 WHQL dated 05/28/2020

Thanks to canonkong for the info and the upload of the “pure” drivers.

Good luck with these new AD Radeon USB 3.1 drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hey,

I recently updated my Windows from 8.1 to 10 using the media creation tool as it was a requirement for using the Oculus Link software. However, when I tried to plug my VR headset with a USB 3.0 cable, it was plugged in as a USB 2.0 device. After multiple attempts of removing the cable and plugging it back in again, I managed to once get it to 3.0 speeds but only for a short while. After that it has been nothing but 2.0 speeds, but at least I know that it isn’t completely broken.
Since multiple users seemingly have had some USB 3.0 driver issues, I thought my issue would also be about drivers and not hardware. In my USBViewer tree

qwiLvp0.png

, the device I tried to plug in on my either 3.0 port was shown to be plugged into ports 13 and 14 instead of their superspeed, 3.0 compatible companion ports 18 and 19. (I do not know if port 15’s failure is relevant to this issue, but more info can be seen here

pNtljld.png

. It might be the cause, idk)
So, after hours of trying to figure out how to update my old HP motherboard drivers since Windows said they were up to date, I finally found this thread. I have an 8-series Intel chipset and my DeviceID is DEV_8C31, so I downloaded the modded drivers and installed them successfully(?). However, this didn’t fix the issue. Instead, seemingly my SuperSpeed ports disappeared completely according to USBViewer

OhJWOtE.png

and my device still plugs into ports 13 or 14. Is this normal, does installing modded drivers break USBViewer somehow? The device still runs at 2.0 speeds only, so the issue persists even with these drivers.

I’m honestly completely lost at this stage, I know that I got it to work at 3.0 speeds once so it’s not completely broken, but just tossing this out here in case someone would know something. If I could force the ports to run at only 3.0 somehow, that might do the trick, don’t know. Or maybe I screwed up installing the drivers somehow since the SuperSpeed icons disappeared? Anyways thanks in advance, willing to provide any information you could need.

@pallaman :

You can easily verify it by running the Device Manager, expanding the "USB Controllers" section and looking for the listed Controllers. If there is at the end of the name(s) the word "(Microsoft)", you can be sure, that the MS drivers are still in-use.
Maybe you forgot to import the Win-RAID CA Certificate before you installed the mod+signed drivers (look >here<).
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello Fernando,
I using windows 8.1 pro on my dell 5580 with kaby lake 7th generation processor, usb is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D2F. I tried your modded driver for intel, succeeded in installing them, but… problem, when I connect an external usb drive, I have a “surge peak” alert on the usb port. So I reverted to generic windows 8.1 3.0 usb drivers, and now it’s ok. But it’s true, me too I don’t like “generic” usb drivers shipped with the OS. Do you have a suggestion? I was careful to install the correct driver including the PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D2F hardware id. Thanks.

They should be installed successfully

WjETlUx.png

but sadly it didn’t fix my issue. The USB devices still plug in at 2.0 speeds and into the wrong companion ports.

@pallaman :
It seems to be a hardware problem (wrong connections of the various on-board USB ports). I recommend to send a report to the Support of your mainboard manufacturer.

Any idea? thanks