[Outdated] USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers (original and modded)

@bryant :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Yes, you can install the Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers manually as well. The related guide can be found within the start post of this thread.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

A user on the MDL forums is claiming that a driver for a PCH possibly can be used for xHCI controllers generically on Windows 7, although the claims are a bit confusing - he cites that iaAHCI.INF can be used - only thing is though, this sounds like an AHCI driver, not xHCIā€¦

He also mentions the ICH6 PCH, which is (if my research is correct) a really old Pentium 4 chipset made in the early 2000s.

This is a link to the thread:
https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threadsā€¦r.76335/page-26

@Omicron :
Thanks for your contribution and the link.
It seems, that the MDL Forum member macnavarra has confused AHCI (= Storage) and xHCI (= USB) Controllers.

Thatā€™s precisely what I figured as well, but just in case there was something, I figured it might be worth a shot.

@Fernando Using the manual method with the newest driver yields these results. I have done it manually before using your older 4.0.5.55 drivers. So i am familiar with it. Im thinking there is something new going on. Thanks for your reply.

Start.PNG

Winraid Driver.PNG

@bryant :
Please post the HardwareIDs of your on-board Intel USB 3.0/3.1 Controller (right click onto it > ā€œPropertiesā€ > Details" > ā€œPropertyā€ > ā€œHardwareIDsā€).

Seems like the Hardware ids might not be in the inf files. not sure what that means.

hardwareid.PNG

@Fernando sorry didnā€™t know you replied and I posted again and I could not tag you again.

EDIT: I see on page 107 you talking about this. I will dig deeper if possibly. Thanks.

EDIT 2: I have came across this site: https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-intel-ā€¦mus-x-hero.html and there seems to be a way to get the usb drivers possibly from the file for this motherboard. I will be digging deeper.

I installed a new Nvidia RTX2080 card in my PC and was wondering if anyone has modded the USB drivers from Win 10 to be used on Win 7? The USB type C port on the card does not function, nor will Nvidia support Win 7 with a driver to enable the port. I donā€™t use it, but would be nice to provide it for all the people who have the same need for the RTX series cards. See the above title description for what I am asking about.

I am on Win 7 Pro with a AX370 K3 board. Ket modded bios installed.

Thanks,

MAK

Seems that the Files are no longer available at MEGA. I Also have Hardware IDs similar to Bryant, but my MoBo is a MSI Z390.

Nope, doesnā€™t work - see the stickied thread on USB drivers, namely the last few pages.
No one has a solution.

EDIT by Fernando: Since June 2019 there is a solution for this problem. Look >here<.

@joliva123 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Which files are no longer available at MEGA? Please give me the exact names of the drivers with not working links.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

B. ASMedia USB 3.0 / 3.1 Drivers is not found by reference

@all:
For unknown reasons my MEGA account has been suspended today. That is the reason why the MEGA links do not work anymore.
Meanwhile I have contacted MEGA and asked for the exact reason for the suspension. As soon as I know more, I will take the appropriate measures.
My advice for the time being: Please use the Mirror links.

@Fernando
only the ā€˜mirrorā€™ option is working, very strange

@100PIER :
Please read my recent post (the one above your post).

@Fernando @Omicron
The drivers you guys supplied did not work. Sorry for not getting back sooner. There is something deeper going on, something in Windows 7 itself. I am currently investigating.

In Device Manager, at the beginning of the device tree under your user name, you can right click there and get a menu allowing you to install legacy drivers. When I activate it and choose the opportunity to install for myself, I get a window listing the available device drivers. There was no category for USB drivers.

I found out how to make it appear with a registry adjustment. If it interests you, let me know and Iā€™ll go back and track it down.

With the USB 3 devices listed, if I select one and OK the install, the window breaks up for a few seconds then simply returns to the driver window. Something has been disabled.

I am thinking a past update may have supplied a modified kernel or a system module and the hardware installer reaches a dead end. Itā€™s unusual that it simply returns to the hardware driver selection window so I am thinking Msoft has simply added a Ret instruction in the system module to send the code back with no action being performed.

@Fernando
I saw a post of yours a while back in which you complained of Intel signing their drivers with dates like 1968. Did you ever see the solution? They do it so the driver will have a certain precedence when Windows assesses which driver to load. Microsoft has been doing the same by dating their drivers as 2006.

In my recent reply, I claimed Msoft may have altered their hardware installer with a RET instruction to abort any attempt to load USB drivers. I donā€™t know if that makes sense but it makes even less sense to not list USB drivers in their legacy devices. They seem to want sole control over which drivers get loaded and even Intel suggests you donā€™t use the hardware installation component in Device Manager.

Interestingā€¦ thanks for investigating at least. Iā€™d have no use for the info at the moment, but Iā€™ll still watch this thread in case someone else finds something.

Still wish Microsoft would have just released an xHCI driver hotfix to get around this mess, but noooo, had to push that abomination Windows 8.

@omicronā€¦Iā€™m not finished yet, still at it.