[Request] Gigabyte Aero 15 OLED BIOS unlocked

@Lost_N_BIOS
Hi! I stumbled upon this article looking for a solution to the limited power settings available for overclocking my gpu, and as I’m used to overclocking a desktop pc these limitations are quite infuriating :frowning:
It would be great if you could mod my bios so I could bypass these restrictions, as my gpu is well within its thermal limitations

I own the OLED AERO 15-SA (1660ti) with BIOS fw FB09, have already set the Lock variable to 0x00 and got the region dump with no errors, as my screenshot shows (the warning about biosreg.bin already existing is bc I tried to run the command before setting the lock variable to 0x00 - my mistake)
s000.tinyupload. com/?file_id=21523371715392533031 (screenshot)
s000.tinyupload. com/?file_id=31982507312358119580 (biosreg.bin)
(remove spaces between “.” and “com”)

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Capture.PNG

@Lost_N_BIOS Hey there! I’ve been reading through this thread, amazing work you do!
I own the OLED AERO 15-YA and I would like to unlock all possible settings in the BIOS so I could do some tweaking, as the BIOS on these laptops are extreeeemely limited. However, I have never modded a BIOS, and since this is quite the expensive machine, I was looking for some help!

I have already followed the instructions you left on Page 2 comment #17, and here you can find the dump from FPTw.exe - http:// s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=37760789543727823599
Attached you can find the error that pops up when I try to write back the BIOS Region dump with FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin

In case it is needed, this is my current official BIOS: https:// download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/nb-bios-aero15oled-va-win10-64bit-fb09-fd09-ec-f007.zip

Thank you so much in advance!

Error.PNG

@Bingowings - Posts removed, sorry I did not get here to help you in time, but I am happy to see you solved the issue yourself FYI - Setup is not the module modified for this mod

@kernelh - Sorry for delay again! Here is your unlocked BIOS… Finally
https://ufile.io/2fnsxiax

@ninoby - Here you go, sorry for the delay!!
https://ufile.io/3yvnnz1i

@ProtoXcution - Thank you
You need to follow stuff from post #23 on page #2 to disable BIOS Lock before you can flash in mod BIOS, your BIOS Lock variable is the same one posted there
Then you can flash in the file below, since you did not unlock BIOS lock in advanced, it will still be locked after you flash this BIOS in, so next time you will need to disable as well before flashing any other mod BIOS
https://ufile.io/k52yon7d

To you all ^^ Flash back via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregm.bin

*** WARNING - To ANYONE with laptop and unlocked BIOS!!!
DO NOT try to enable this graphics card or disable that card, switch cards etc. Otherwise you will end up with no display output (ie black screen) and no way to recover except by blind flash or with flash programmer.
You can change graphics related settings, like changing memory sizes, or core speeds etc, just don’t try to disable one card or change which is main etc.

Additionally, be very careful when trying to undervolt CPU, you can leave BIOS unbootable due to CPU voltage too low (Sometimes even 0.05 is too much)

WARNING *** - The BIOS files above are user specific! If you are not those users DO NOT USE THESE BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not those users, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

@Lost_N_BIOS Thank you so much! Just one question, in post #23 you mention I need secure boot to be disabled, but my BIOS does not present me with the option to disable it. Is there any way to disable it other than the BIOS menu? EDIT: Only related option I see is the “Clear secure boot variables”, but I’m not sure that’s what I should be pressing.

@ProtoXcution - You’re welcome! You can try without doing that, since you do not have those options (I didn’t write that out, and do not have these systems)
If it fails to work without that, then at Boot >> OS Type >> Set Legacy, reboot and do the rest (this will disable secure boot)

@Lost_N_BIOS I also didn’t have the option to use Legacy Boot, OS Type only had UEFI boot, but I managed to bypass Secure Boot by using a GRUB2 bootloader!
In case anyone is facing the same problem, google Super UEFIinSecureBoot Disk, and after flashing a USB with it, just put the .efi from post #23 file on the EFI folder, and after booting from the USB go to EFI Tools and select it, then do as @Lost_N_BIOS instructed.

BIOS Flashed, working perfectly, thank you so much! :smiley: Sooo many options now :smiley:

Hello ! I want to flash bios of my Dear Aero 15-XA (i9-9980hk / RTX 2070 max-q / 32go ram 3200mhz).

My process :

-extract my Bios (initial.rom) with AfuwinGui.
-modd bios with AMIBCP
-open bios modded with UEFI Tool and extract PE32 image body Bios lock
-Open file.bin with IFR extractor variable.
-Open this file.txt, check bios lock variable and change 0x00 to 0x01 (unlock) > save
-“Replace as is” the new file.txt into PE32 image body Bios lock > save

-but when I try to flash via uefi usb with FPT, I get “error 167”.
I’m totally blocked…

Link with photos and Bios>>
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1…AD-?usp=sharing

@Lost_N_BIOS Hi ,I have read this forum and i think you can help me; I can donate to you
I own the OLED AERO 15-XA and I would like to unlock all possible settings in the BIOS so I could do some tweaking, as the BIOS on these laptops are limited. However, I have never modded a BIOS, Can you help me

I have already followed the instructions you left on Page 2 comment #23, and here you can find the dump from FPTw.exe : http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…317232721959902

In case it is needed, this is my current official BIOS: https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/B…d09-ec-f007.zip

Thank you in advance!

@ProtoXcution - Thanks for report back, and for posting your found method around Legacy Boot option! You’re welcome, enjoy the many options you have in the BIOS now

@jlodebx - Thanks for offer to send something my way, I’ll send you a PM and I will tell you how to send to me, thanks
Here is your unlocked BIOS - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…726473313552297

Flash back via >> FPTw.exe -biosregm.bin

DO NOT try to enable this graphics card or disable that card, switch cards etc. Otherwise you will end up with no display output (ie black screen) and no way to recover except by blind flash or with flash programmer.
You can change graphics related settings, like changing memory sizes, or core speeds etc, just don’t try to disable one card or change which is main etc.

Additionally, be very careful when trying to undervolt CPU, you can leave BIOS unbootable due to CPU voltage too low (Sometimes even 0.05 is too much)

WARNING *** - This BIOS is user specific! If you are not user jlodebx at Win-RAID.com forum, DO NOT USE THIS BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not jlodebx, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

@Lost_N_BIOS - Bios flashed and it works; thank you very much. do i have to relock the bios after flash?

@jlodebx - Great to hear it, thanks for the quick report back! No, you can leave BIOS Lock disabled if you want, it will not hurt anything and no one will hack you from it (unless they sit at your computer, and then if so… they got you anyway )
Enjoy your new BIOS

Hello, @Lost_N_BIOS ! you helped me unlocking my bios weeks ago, and now, I see that Gigabyte released a new version on their website…

https://www.gigabyte.com/fr/Laptop/AERO-…support-dl-bios

Would you help me again unlocking this new version?

And please, let me know how to send you some to get a coffee or beer pack or whatsoever :wink:

Thanks in advance

@TonyChoppa971 - Hey! Sure thing, please flash the new BIOS using the standard BIOS update method for this system, then redo the steps at #23 to disable BIOS lock stuff, then do steps #1-2 in below FPT spoiler and send me your new biosreg.bin dump (use a new name instead of biosreg.bin this time, so you don’t mix it up with previous file)
And sure, I will send you PM about the beers, thanks

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

Hello,

here is the new dump :wink:

verified and seems all good.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…813911402517711

Please let me know :wink:

Hey Raph. I believe I’m having the same sort of issue with you on my Aorus 15G XB. I found my bios lock using UBU and have attempted to change it via both GRUB and RU…but to no effect. Out of curiosity what was your lock bit? I was expecting something a bit more elaborate than 0x17, but I really don’t have any experience with this sort of thing.

@TonyChoppa971 - Here you go
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…868803495038484

WARNING *** - This BIOS is user specific! If you are not user TonyChoppa971 at Win-RAID.com forum, DO NOT USE THIS BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not TonyChoppa971, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

Moved to main Gigabyte Aero 15 unlock thread

@RogSmitty - Be sure you are using correct Grub, some may not work properly. Use the one in my guide here, attached end of post #1.
[GUIDE] Grub Fix Intel FPT Error 280 or 368 - BIOS Lock Asus/Other Mod BIOS Flash

Then also see info below I’m posting for raph03, which links to two different posts that are specific to these BIOS/systems. I checked your BIOS 0x17 is correct for your BIOS Lock

@raph03 - Do not use AFU. Dump BIOS region with FPT as outlined below, then use method (not variable) in post #23 here, see also post #86 if you do not have secure boot or legacy boot options
I checked XA BIOS version FB09 and your BIOS Lock variable to change >> 0xB4D, if you have other BIOS version be sure to check to confirm as it’s not always same in all BIOS versions.

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

Once both of you guys have done the grub / setup_var (case sensitive) stuff, and can write BIOS region back at step #2 above, upload your new BIOS region dumps for me (make a new one after you do grub/setup_var unlock, toss previous out)

Thank you very much, everything is working again.

@TonyChoppa971 - Thanks for report back, glad to hear all is working smoothly

@Lost_N_BIOS - Same result, unfortunately. Any other tricks without the use of an external programmer?

IMG_0408.jpg

@RogSmitty - Did you disable secure boot, or switch to legacy mode? Also, make sure you disable any BIOS password or bitlocker etc, before you try to do any of this (inluding setup_var)

Please download this package, run command from text for each version and leave all files in place then zip back up and send to me. Do the 32bit second line for all versions (not the first x64 one)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…597993539482054

Also, which BIOS do you use FB04 or FD04? Maybe I can send you mod BIOS package using stock smart flash, and then you show me error, and I bypass that and you try again.
If that does not work, and we can’t make progress with SCE, then I can show you alternate AFU method, and another one if that one fails, but for me both of these are last resort options.