[Request] Gigabyte AORUS 15G BIOS unlocked

@hobbebobbe - You’re welcome!!

@Lost_N_BIOS

So have it working now but find out the Offset only affects if i set higher Offset if i go to negative Offset it wont apply (XTU and Throttlestop). Is there an Option i miss in the Bios beside of enableling XTU Support??

@hobbebobbe - Not exactly sure what offset you are talking about, but yes, usually there is two settings for offset usually, one to change the value and one to change the prefix (+/-)
If you are talking CPU voltage >> Advanced >> Overclock Performance Menu >> Processor >> Core Voltage Offset + Below that = prefix setting (Offset Prefix >> +/-) (First you must enable OverClocking Feature at root of OverClock Performance Menu)
Or, you can NOT use that or XTU to change vcore, and use this instead >> Advanced >> Overclock Performance Menu >> Platform Voltage Overrides >> VccCore Override Enable (Enable this) Then set VccCore amount you want directly below it

@Lost_N_BIOS

Sry i meant vCore Offset i thought enabling the Performance Menu and XTU Support would make it able to Undervolt over XTU or Throttlestop. Otherwise what happens if i set the vCore to low at some Point? Would the Bios just load the Failsafe/Reset or would it be Softbricked? How it works in Bios to Undervolt is understandable for me just not sure if it would Reset itself with to low vCore set in bios.

@hobbebobbe - Thanks for confirmation, that’s what I assumed, so all comments above are about vCore offset
If you set vcore too low, you may need flash programmer to recover, so don’t try going to low until you have flash programmer, that is the only way you can avoid this. Yes, it would be softbricked sort of, actual brick but not due to bad flash or other usual causes
Yes, you should be able to undervolt with either XTU or BIOS, but do not use both tools to do CPU tuning. If you are going to use BIOS, then uninstall XTU, or at least don’t make changes with XTU only use it to view things. If you are going to use XTU, don’t make changes in BIOS.

@Lost_N_BIOS

Tried to use XTU or Throttlestop and how i said for some Reason it wont lower me the vCore via Offset it Only lowers by ~20mV regardless if i make -25mV or -500mV it only works Correctly for me if i would use +mV Offset. No idea if iam to stupid actually or something wont work correctly.

Uninstall XTU, or reset it to defaults and do not use it to adjust voltages. Then in BIOS change offset to [b]-[/b and adjust it from there. Core voltage offset range in BIOS is -500mv to 500mv

Found my fail i tried to lower voltage on turbo boost frequency works fine with disable turbo. is it possible to lover even the turbo voltages?

It should work fine with Turbo too, do it how I mentioned

For Core Turbo voltage, I only see Core Extra Turbo Voltage 0-20000mv (so looks like added + only)
If you’re wanting to lower voltages applied generally, you can change via PL1/PL2, then it will be auto forced down once certain power levels are reached.
There is main PL1/PL2, and a separate PL1/PL2 for Turbo only, these are in Advanced >> Power & Performance area

Dont wanna "brick" it rn dont have a programmer here should get me one before i do that x)

First of all, thx for you great work and your help @Lost_N_BIOS

Following the thread and after reading the tutos, with the info you provide here:

I understand that in my case (same bios, same version) it’d necessary only to replace body (becasuse EFI file, not sct=replace as it… right?) with uefitool (using 0.28.0) providing the file Section_PE32_image_AMITSE_AMITSE_body-Mod.efi as shown in the picture (GUID and body sizes checked):

I’ve saved the image (same size), Can I flash the resulting bios and voila ? (my bios is unlocked and tested flash back)

Big thx in advance.

@hobbebobbe - Often you can test safely with XTU, but I am not sure how 100% safe that is when trying to go too low though(?), so be careful

@bitobsession - You’re welcome, and thank you too!
For AMITSE, replace Body as mentioned and stated in my notes, and use UEFITool 25.0 as mentioned as well, I have not tested 28 on this BIOS and it may break it. Really, you can edit AMITSE As-Is too if you want, or Body, but you just have to be sure to extract and replace same way.
So if you extract as-is, replace as-is, if you extract body replace body. For this module though, best to extract body, checksum in header will be auto-corrected on rebuild
What caused this confusion, so I can fix it? I thought I already clarified and fix all this in the spoiler guide (about as-is or body), but maybe I still need to clarify or edit/fix some statement?

No, I would not flash BIOS if you edited with 28, I’ve not checked that, it may not be OK.
** Edit - OK, I checked, 28 looks like it should be OK for this edit on this BIOS, but next time, please pay close attention to guided BIOS edit info and instructions, use versions mentioned or you may end up with brick, they are often mentioned for good reason

Ok, finally I’ve rebuilt with uefitool 25 (28 saved same size but different result after bin comparison), flash and now I can see full bios, activating proper options and play with overclocking in XTU.

Big thx, @Lost_N_BIOS , let me know how I can invite you, at least, to a beer :slight_smile:

PS: any suggestions for any option to get more control in XTU apart volting (per core multipliers limit seems to be inoperative in recent cpu, right? Anything else?..). Thx

@bitobsession - Yes, I think 28 uses other or new version of some of the compression tools, so rebuilds never match 25, even if BIOS is OK.
Great to see you were able to do the edit yourself, at least the swap in anyway
Shoot me a PM if you really want to send something my way Otherwise, yes, virtual beer we’ll have all the time Cheers!
Sorry, I don’t know about using XTU, I do all tinkering in BIOS only. Are you missing some core options in the BIOS vs what you see in text IFR from setup?

To be able to set TDP limit + V offset we must enable Overclocking in BIOS but leave XTU disabled. If XTU interface is set to enabled in BIOS, then you can set CPU multipliers in Windows using XTU but lose control over total TDP limit.

FYI

PS: I’ve got -0,110 V stable undervolting (+ TDP limit depending on how fast I want fans running… 20 W usually in my case).

Thank you for your reply!

https://www.gigabyte.cn/Laptop/AORUS-15G…support-dl-bios
there is link for Bios download

here is screenshot about the model informations
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UPq1MMW9F8HfWSdA7

this Link is Bioregs.bin (before unlocked)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IKmDcT0…iew?usp=sharing

@gxl863 - No need for multiple posts, or to make new thread etc. Please edit your post if you want to add more info or questions, thanks

Please show me CPU-z motherboard tab image, and or link me to your BIOS download page, so I can know FULL correct model 15G xx?

You can install XTU software and change settings maybe? But, if you want unlocked BIOS, I suggest you reset XTU to defaults if you are using it, and then uninstall, before you flash in unlocked BIOS.
You should only use one or the other XTU software, or unlocked BIOS, to change settings like that.

Please do the following >>

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!
Additionally, please remove all BIOS passwords, disable secure boot, and disable TPM or Encryption if you have enabled. Do this before moving on to below

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Step #1

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Step #2

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

[NEW Progress] @Lost_N_BIOS Dear Mr. Bios XD,

Now it seems that I have already to disable the secure boot and I am also successfully in RU! NOW I really dont know that "from 01 to 00 bios lock… 0X17’’ so sorry:)

could you see my Picture ~

========
I’m sorry to disturb you so often. I saw ‘0010X07’ later in the post and I think I have successfully unlocked the Bios (set to 00) XD。

this Link is after-unlocked Bios :)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16HulOta…iew?usp=sharing

@gxl863 - You got it, but I still need you to do the other stuff I mentioned, so I can get the correct stock BIOS. Lucky for you, the stuff you changed in RU is correct for your model, so nothing bricked!
You should not use info for some other model on your system, variables are not always the same for each model, even different BIOS versions on same model sometimes variable change, so always wait for specific to your system info before doing anything.
Please show me CPU-z motherboard tab image, and link me to your BIOS download page, so I can know FULL correct model 15G xx?

* Edit - Sorry I missed your links and info at #56 You have 15G XB model and using FD06 BIOS
Please wait, I will unlock your BIOS now
------------------

@gxl863 - Here is your unlocked BIOS, flash it back via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosregm.bin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…888069629105442

*** WARNING - To ANYONE with laptop and unlocked BIOS!!!
DO NOT try to enable this graphics card or disable that card, switch cards etc. Otherwise you will end up with no display output (ie black screen) and no way to recover except by blind flash or with flash programmer.
You can change graphics related settings, like changing memory sizes, or core speeds etc, just don’t try to disable one card or change which is main etc.

Additionally, be very careful when trying to undervolt CPU, you can leave BIOS unbootable due to CPU voltage too low (Sometimes even 0.05 is too much)

WARNING *** - This BIOS is user specific! If you are not user gxl863 at Win-RAID.com forum, DO NOT USE THIS BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not gxl863, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

How did you manage to disable secure boot? I have the 17-inch version of this laptop and I can’t figure this out.
Thanks a lot in advance