[TOOL] Easy automated Mod tool for Coffee Lake bios

Issue with 3xxx BIOS was “will not boot at all with more than 15 threads”, but thankfully svarmod got that one solved a short time ago. OC should, if different at all, be better with 3xxx, as it at least incoporates Asus’ optimisations for KBL.
BTW: Current RKL CPUs have quite a different architecture to SKL and are a fair bit faster at the same clock (also hotte). The last SKL designs were CML which indeed are not faster per clock and core than an 9900K (or 6700K for that matter), but come with up to 10 cores. Sadly I have so far been unable to find a pinout of LGA1200. But if there are no surprises, a 10900K could be runable as well (with physical mods to socket of course).

Would having ME disabled have an effect (HAP-BIT), I am trying to enable this time but I have no idea what the difference is and what does this even do. I was a bit disappointed again to get a WHEA error on SMALL FTTS on OCCT after 1 hour at 4.7ghz with a vcore of 1.297 I’ve upped the voltage a bit but to me, that seems strange as nearly all 9900k should be able to reach this so I am not sure what is going on. I am running load line calibration 5 to allow a very small vdroop on intensive tasks hence the vcore number is just over 1.30 when idle.

Thank you for mentioning the 3xx bug was fixed i guess i wasted me time on the 2xx bios :frowning:

ME should not have an effect. Once the system is running (and it could be disabled), the IME is mostly responsible for security aspects (e.g. TPM). But afaik it only initialises the CPU and does not care for it afterwards.

Thanks for the input much appreciated. I will continue on with the tests if I cant get any stability other than 4.5ghz i will probably just take the cpu back and just invest in something else its a 2nd pc and this whole thing i discovered was meant to keep costs down. However, running at 4.5ghz is probably no better than my 6700 at 4.6ghz apart from having double the physical cores ofc which helps in newer games ofc.

Thanks for the great information! Thank you.

So, I have a question. If I use i3-8100 on Z170 with this BIOS, can I install the Windows 11?
(TPM2.0 issue is supposed to be solved using PTT on mobo, Does anyone know if any other issues can occur?)

Regards,

Hi!

Did you ever get a good BIOS for G20CI to use i7 9900k? I have 9800K

@kazp3r I have an Asus STRIX Z270E Gaming which has, I believe, the same BIOS chip as yours:

25Q128A
13EDF
99CHN
63613Y

I used the Ch341Programmer version 1.35, that one with funky interface and sound effects. It detected the chip as follows:

Manufacturer: XMC
Chip name: XM25QH32B
Memory size: 128 MBIT
Size of page: 256
Signature JEDEC: 0x20 0xBA 0x18

It detected, read, wrote and verify with no issues. Other program versions like 1.34 read the chip if I select WINBOND W25Q128FV, however it could never write to it properly, giving that "disagreement" error in the end.

great

Well, I have a question, are the i7 8700k or i9 9900k cpu compatible on msi z270 gaming pro carbon boards?

Is there any information about Asus Z270-A? Is there boardview for this MB?

Sorry, the download link in OP is missing.
There’s another place where to get it ?

Hello everyone,

So I just made an YouTube video as a guide for this mod I did with CoffeeTime 0.99. I saw some requests and this was the least I could do. Hopefully, that helps some of you.

https://youtu.be/8hWXWccyRZA

bios Coffelake for Asrock B150M Pro4V please ?

Use CoffeeTime: https://mega.nz/folder/4oRViKSI#nn-8ZRHBa6_PDwNLzgubNA

I’ve written a guide here (use translate if needed): https://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/Hardware/c…t_1040725_1.htm

@dsanke I have an Asus ROG STRIX Z270-E Gaming motherboard and I am using your modded BIOS to convert it from Z270 to Z370. I unlocked the 128GB option in CoffeeTime, flashed and tested a couple of times. At maximum of 3 DIMMs and 96GB, it works flawlessly. However, with 4 DIMMs and 128GB, it boots normally with luck once per day, and the other tries it hangs on either a boot loop (CPU LED + DRAM LED) or stucks on DRAM LED. Do you know any BIOS settings that could help fixing it? I’m using BIOS version 2401 from 02/17/2020. If you have an updated version, please let me know. Thank you very much!

any helps for Kaby lake insyde bios?..

How should I use Coffetime for I3-8100B? What microcode is compatible?

There is a very good program for CH341 programmer.https://yadi.sk/d/GL0K6fdi0b05sg . Source page https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopi…0#entry96411343. The best program for CH341 that I tested. A lot of chips, much better than Chinese versions. For 1.8 v chips You should buy adapter on Aliexpress.

Hi all,

i can’t mod msi b365m mortar bios (1063 vbios ----> 1062) with coffeetime 0.99.
size don’t match. I’m going to use with a QTJ1 . any idea ?

thank you .

S.

Greetings, well, i was trying to do this mod, but as it is said, the download links in mega is dead… reading i see this stuff of coffee time, but, is it like the same? or different?