AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

those are the only settings that I need to make regarding raid right ? ( 11.2 driver + Rom)

Unbenannt.JPG

thanks! :slight_smile:

>Here< you can find some additional tips.

I am disappointed why old AMD AHCI ROMā€™s gone.
And WTF where is Reply in thread button or reply form?

@ MaKCuMyC:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Which one are you missing?

On the right hand bottom side of each post (incl. the thread opener) is a "Reply" button.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Canā€™t find 3.1.0.0 and 3.1.2.0. On some boards itā€™s a newest working roms, because 3.2.x.x canā€™t detect any device.

Hi all :slight_smile:

Sorry, my english is not the best and i hope you can understand me.

Is there no difference between 2822 and 282a Intel OROM?
You say the 12.9.0.2006 OROM is the best choice for a P67 Board and Intel develope the later OROMs for 8/9er chipsets. Where does the information come from?

I have actually run a RAID 1 on OROM v10.8.0.1303. Can i update to 12.9.0.2006 without having fear about the array?

I hope you can help. :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

ā€”
I have a Asrock P67 Extreme6 and their bios downloads are .exe flasher only. In the past i use the flasher in the bios to save the .rom on a USB stick, but is it possible to extract the .rom from the exe? If so, how?

I have just added 2 different variants of the AMD AHCI ROM v3.1.0.0 for DEV_4381 and DEV_4391 to the start post, but I am not sure, if they will work for your AMD system (especially the DEV_4381 one).
Which Southbridge has your mainboard and which DeviceID has your AMD SATA Controller?

@ xaftessest:

No, there is no difference.

From Intel. The v13 RST drivers have not been designed at all for Intel 6-Series systems and do not fully support them.

Yes, the RAID array will not be affected by the update.

I just found >here< a solution, which may work for you as well.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello fernando,

thanks for your answer. Why is there a difference between the marvell 91a0 and 9120, but not between the intel 2822 / 282a? Is the "a" version the mobile part?
Thanks for the link - i will read and test it. :slight_smile: Have AMI a downloadlink for AMIUCP online like the firmware update utility stuff?
EDIT: Found AMIUCP 1.07 - is this the latest version?

PS:
Where can i find the infos about the RST versions on the intel page? I am looking for it but i dont find it. :frowning:

Yes, DEV_282a is the DeviceID of the Intel Mobile Express SATA RAID Controller, but both variants (the Desktop and Mobile Express ones) are using exactly the same Intel RAID ROM version.

I havenā€™t found a link there.

Do you mean the RST driver version (it is always documented by Intel) or the RST ROM module version (Intel has never published them on their sites).

You answered faster than I can edit. :o)

I mean the infos about the RST (drivers) in dependence to the chipsets. But i found it now. I must have been blind and dont see the readme. :-X

Btw AMIUCP works great. :slight_smile: But the .rom is 8MB - if i save it from the UEFI on a USB stick, is it only 4MB. Is the IntelME Part the difference (8mb with / 4mb without)?

EDIT:

New OROMs flashed. :slight_smile: But i am realy stupid - flash with instant flash and this made a cmos clear. Did anyone know my dram settings? lol

You probably meant the BIOS ad not the OROM.
It is impossible to flash an OROM (it can either been inserted or replaced).
How did the BIOS flashing work? What about your RAID array?

If you are unsure, choose the DEFAULT ones.

But if i flash the new bios with the new OROMs, do i dont flash the new OROMs too?
The raid array works fine. Thanks for your help

I have one last questions. I replace the marvell (9120) OROM too. I use the 1.0.0.1030 before and with "bootable" settings in the bios the marvell OROM check for drives:

With the 1.0.0.1038 OROM (downloaded here) the OROM bootscreen is not show anymore, i see only a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. The controller himself works fine. Is this a bug in this rom on a 9120 or did marvell just remove the ROM onscreen check for faster boottimes?

Is it possible that this occurs because it is a modded DEV_9123 version? I flashed a long time ago the 1.0.0.1033 (from dev 9123 too) and have the same "error". Thats the point why i use the old 1.0.0.1030 for a long time. Did you have a version newer than 1.0.0.1030 who is only made for dev_9120?

Ivy Bitch oc with mem oc too - settings testet years ago. But i found a old screenshot with the timings i use. :slight_smile:

If the Controller works fine, I suspect, that it is not a bug, but a feature of the newer OROM version.

No, the mainboard manufacturers customize the OROMs the same way (by replacing the DeviceID hex code and correcting the checksum).

Marvell doesnā€™t deliver separate OROM modules for each DeviceID.

Hey hey, have a rather narrow problem to run by you before maybe nuking my rig.

P67 Extreme 4 P1.70, Rapid Storage 10.1.0.1008
Win 7 Home Premium

Bought drives to upgrade my storage RAID 1 from 1.5 to 3GB. The drives are detected and work fine, but RST says thereā€™s a 2TB limit because of my venerable old mobo, apparently. Should flashing a module correct this, and if so which would you recommend? Seeking redundancy over speed/efficiency, so trim is not a concern.

@ fazoozle:

Any Intel RST RAID ROM from v10.5.x.xxxx up will solve the 2 TB limit problem, but I recommend to replace the current Intel RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008 by the v11.2.0.1527.
By the way: Although you will actually not benefit from a TRIM modded RAID ROM module, I would take it. Maybe you will have a RAID0 array in the future.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks! Do I have to remove all existing raids before flashing?

(updating backups is slow :P)

No, you can leave the RAID arrays as they are (they will stay untouched), but nevertheless I recommend to backup your most important data.

Hello fazoozle,

you donĀ“t realy need to replace the OROMs. Your BIOS are very old. With the latest BIOS for the Asrock P67 Extreme4 you have the RAID ROM v10.8.0.1303.
So, simply flash your bios with the latest version will fix your problem.

@Fernando :

Why do you recommend v11.2.0.1527 and not the 12.9.x?

1. The Intel RAID ROM/driver combination v11.2 is the best for RAID systems up to Intel 7-Series Chipsets (look >here<).
    2. For an already existing RAID array it may be better to stick with the same development tree (RST/RST(e)).