Intel RST EFI RAID/VMD BIOS Modules

@Fernando

Intel RST RAID 15.2.0.2649
8086-2822 Intel RST RAID 15.2.0.2649

15.2.0.2649.rar (140 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v15.2.0.2649 (without header) for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers

Notes:
The Intel RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver line v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to plutomaniac for the source file.

Enjoy the new Intel EFI RAID module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

As I expected - this version is no longer supported 8 chipset (9th chipset do not know). Just I checked. :slight_smile:

It turns out such an alignment support:
15.0.0.2371 8/9/x99
15.0.0.2606 8/9
15.2.0.2449 9-?

It may be that the other versions are early testing modules and 15.x support 9-series and up officially. Intel tends to do that. For example early ME11.5 drivers (11.5.0.1003) supported 6 & 7 series as well but was later dropped.

Regarding 8-series, I think Intel is dropping support for them. It’s high time if you think that they dropped 7-series support back at RST 13.1. Do you have an 8-series with ME9.0 instead of 9.1 by any chance?

I think it’s normal policy of Intel, to remove support for previous generations.

I tested on the Asus Z87-Plus, ME9.0.

Asded:
In general, it is necessary to clarify the 9th chipset supports IRST 15.2.0.2649 or not.

Yes it is normal policy. That’s what I meant, 8-series are 3 year old at this point. Intel seems to support their chipsets for 2 years or so as far as rst, vbios etc are concerned.

Little off-topic but can you check if you can install 11.5 or 11.6 me drivers? The inf says 8-series with 9.1 so maybe 9.0 had a different DEV_ID and thus those drivers cannot be officially installed at non-upgraded 8-series systems.

@SoniX :
There is no doubt for me, that Intel 8- and 9-Series Chipset are not really supported by the Intel RST(e) v15 development line.
Reasons:

1. When a special driver version is installable or a special RAID ROM/EFI module seems to work after having inserted it into the BIOS, this does not automaticly mean, that the related RAID system is fully supported them.
  2. Intel has never declared or written, that their v15 platform RST drivers do support 8-/9-Series Chipsets.
  3. None of the original v15 platform drivers is installable onto any 8-/9-Series Chipset system, which is running in AHCI mode.
  4. Contrary to the Intel AHCI drivers are all Intel RST(e) RAID drivers up to the currently latest v15.0.2.1044 installable onto all Intel Chipset/Southbridge systems from ICH8R up. This “apparent compatibility” is caused by the fact, that Intel gave all Intel SATA RAID Controllers from ICH8R up to the 200-Series the universal external DeviceID DEV_2822, although the related hardware is extremely different. If you look into the code of the Intel RAID drivers (= *.SYS files) or of the RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver modules, you will find the internal DeviceIDs of the different Intel systems. As a consequence there are big differences regarding the support of the different Intel SATA RAID Controllers.
  5. The results of my various benchmark comparison tests done with my Z97 RAID system (look >here<) verify, that not even the v14 platform Intel RST drivers are the best choice for a 9-Series Chipset system running in RAID mode. By the way: I got rather similar results with my new Z170 Chipset system while running in RAID mode. The Intel RST(e) driver v13.2.4.1000 was much better performant than all tested v14 and v15 ones and I am pretty sure, that the old “classical” Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006 is still the absolutely best Intel RAID driver even for the latest chipsets (unfortunately Microsoft and the manufacturers of the mainboards prevent its usage with modern Intel systems).
    My personal conclusion: The main task of Intel’s development staff is to optimize the RST(e) drivers for the latest Intel Chipsets running in AHCI or NVMe, but not in RAID mode.

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v15.0.3.2675 (without header) for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers

Notes:
The Intel RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver line v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to plutomaniac for the source file.

Dieter (alias Fernando)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v15.1.0.2545 (without header) for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers

Notes:
The Intel RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver line v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source file.

Dieter (alias Fernando)

Checked. No problem working on Asus Z87-Plus.

Same here on X99 (Rampage V Extreme).

Working?

Yes my dear friend. It’s working fine.

Thank you. I will add in the next release UBU.

@ Fernando:

Intel RST RAID 15.2.0.2754
8086-2822 Intel RST RAID 15.2.0.2754

15.2.0.2754.rar (141 KB)

@ Fernando:

Intel RST RAID 15.2.0.2740
8086-2822 Intel RST RAID 15.2.0.2740

Older but maybe better, people can test and report.

15.2.0.2740.rar (141 KB)

@ Fernando:

Intel RST RAID 15.5.0.2760

Intel RST RAID 15.5.0.2760.rar (85.7 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v15.5.0.2760 (without header) for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers
  • updated: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v15.2 series without header (now v15.2.0.2754)

Notes:
The Intel RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver line v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to plutomaniac for the source files.

Enjoy the new/updated Intel EFI RAID modules!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• updated: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v15.2 series without header for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers (now v15.2.1.2771)

Notes:
The Intel RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver line v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for the source files.

Enjoy the updated Intel EFI RAID module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• updated: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v15.2 series without header for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers (now v15.2.2.2775)

Notes:
The Intel RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver line v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source file.

Enjoy the updated Intel EFI RAID module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)