[Tool] EFIFlash v0.80/v0.85/v0.87 for Gigabyte Mainboards

Thanks for getting back to me, this forum is actually very cool, didnt know it existed until now. The bios i actually have installed on it is F33g from the rev 1.1, so it is an older bios so im not trying to go backwards, its just the size limit that is stopping me from upgrading, im trying to go to a newer version. Does that matter or am i still out of luck?

@Gritz If you have tried the modified version of Efiflash v0.87 and it does not work on the X570 chipset then it is possible that you may need a later version.

@dsanke If you have a spare moment could you please provide a link to the modified EFI version of Efiflash v0.99? Unfortunately I can’t access it on smxdiy.com

Thanks in advance.

Efiflash_v0.99_mod.efi.zip (58.3 KB)

3 Likes

@dsanke Thank you so much for the fast response and upload!

Thanks for this, although it was unsucessful, still have the bios size mismatch, looks like ill be buying a new motherboard for chirstmas, thanks for the help.

Try this [Tool] Flashrom v1.2 [DOS] [AMD]

1 Like

Hi guys,
I have Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 (v.1.1) mobo and I can’t flash modded bios even with modded efiflash 0.99 :confused:
Bios was changed with UBU tool - standard update of cpu microcodes, vga module etc.
To original bios from gigabyte site new efiflash v1.0.1 was attached. Maybe someone could modded this version?
Efiflash_1.0.1_not_modded.zip (57.4 KB)

Doesnt that board have USB Q-Flash Plus feature… not accepted? Asus still does…
Intel FPT tool can also be used if possible… and internal EFI Q-Flash fails verification of the file?

EDIT: I didnt suggested to use the presented EFIFLASH mod files on this thread as they were for previous motherboard models, i asked if you tried the other options…

When I use modded efiflash with bios file which was changed in UBU system read file then reset into the q-flash and after that error appears:
Invalid bios image

Those with Intel chipsets that want to flash a recent Gigabyte BIOS that has a capsule and has been modified will likely need to use the relevant version of Intel’s Flash Programming Tool (FPT) for their chipset.

WARNING: You can erase/overwrite the MAC address of all Intel ethernet adapters on the motherboard with FPT so make sure you have made a full BIOS backup and record your Intel MAC addresses somewhere!

NOTE: The “-savemac” command should be used to retain the MAC address(es) for Intel ethernet adapters when flashing anyt BIOS with FPT.

1 Like

It is clear for me that I need to use FPT but which version is suitable for Z690 chipset?

P.S. I was able to update modded bios using USB Q-Flash Plus method - thanks to @MeatWar. But the quiestion is still open: which version of FPT should I use and where can I download it?

The Intel FPT tool is related to the ME FW version from the chipset.
Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (2-15) - Special Topics / Intel Management Engine - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

Intel (Converged Security) Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware and Tools (16+) - Special Topics / Intel Management Engine - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

Theres no tools for ME16 at least to my knowledge.

Agree. I do not have any luck finding ME16 package tool. There is only FWUpdLcl64.exe and FWUpdLcl.exe on ASUS webpage here - inside MEUpdateTool.

how to download this amazing tool?

@acseyang Hi and welcome to Win-Raid forums.

As you have not tagged anyone or mentioned any names I am not sure who your comment to directed at.

The EFIflash links are in the first post and I have now uploaded all EFIflash versions to this MEGA folder.

Currently there are no tools for ME 16 (if that is what you are asking).

The problem I encountered was as follows.
After getting a completed BIOS update screen after launching efiflash with the needed version, the BIOS version didnt change at all after checking after the first reboot. There too were no reboot time that took more than one reboot to return to a boot from my normal drive.

What were the differences between the firmwares?

If you mean the BIOS Version then i tried to Update from F23 with EOMID to a F24 comercial. Because my retailer i bought the PC from may have used custom Gigabyte Mainboards but thats Not so likely, i Just wanna Test Out ever Software option i got.

This is an older thread with rather low activity about a tool that doesn’t seem to work for very new boards according to chinobinos post from february.

So to get a constructive answer it might have been useful to provide some more details like tool- version used, system used, commandline used, type of board, type of ‘custom’ gb board, maybe even a screenshot of the process, maybe add link(s) to actual firmware and firmware that’s to be flashed?

EOMID?

Otherwise maybe:

Good luck

2 Likes

I have a b660m motherboard. I tried to flash the bios uding the modded one, but it gets stuck after the transfer success line. It does not touch the flash itself.