Welcome to the new site!

Works! Thanks Wendell. :wink:

For some reason, it seems to me that ā€œin the new houseā€ I am disoriented and cannot control either the topics or their maintenance.
With a 32 inch monitor, information is presented on 11 inches.

@wendell
When will the database transfer to the ā€œnewā€ Win-RAID Forum be completed and all the threads up-to-date?

As you probably have realized, I have spent within the last months a lot of time with the Moderation of the ā€œoldā€ Win-RAID Forum trying to provide a well structured, up-to-date and optimized database for the expected final transfer of the complete Forum to its new home.
Obviously this hasnā€™t yet been successfully executed. Here are some threads, which are still newer on the Xobor than on the Level1Techs Server:

1. "Intel RST/RSTe Drivers "
  2. "Intel EFI ā€œRaidDriver BIOS Modulesā€
  3. ā€œUSB Drivers (original and modded)ā€

After having seen yesterday new Intel RST drivers v19.2.1.1006 offered by our partner site ā€œStation-Driversā€ and I couldnā€™t find these drivers here, I have started to update the start post of the related thread within the ā€œnewā€ Win-RAID Forum - until I realized, that the related update had already been done by me within the ā€œoldā€ Win-RAID Forum on 04/18/2022. To avoid any confusion while you are trying to get all recent database changes transfered into the Level1Techs Server, I didnā€™t execute the already finalized update of the related start post.

3 Likes

Google Translater (Browsers - Maxthon, Firefox) - canā€™t translate new site.

1 Like

I said same. Half screen crap. Much unused space. Need new theme to fix that.

Indeed. Shows the background only. Probably because it doesnā€™t process javascript or similar. I think there is an official Discourse plugin though, will look into this at some point (not top priority). Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I am hoping this weekend I will be ready to do another pass on the 190ish threads weā€™ve identified +/-

3 Likes

I can look for other themes which support wide-screen in the near future (not top priority). Added to Known Issues at the OP. Unlike the previous forum, Discourse is fairly customizable, but weā€™ll need some time to iron out all the issues and missing features. Thanks for the feedback! :wink:

1 Like

@wendell @plutomaniac

Modifications for current theme for max. width.

theme_3.scss at 259 line change (html body #main-outlet)

margin-top: 30px;
margin-top: 10px;

padding: 3em 3em 5%;
padding: 10px 10px 5%;

max-width: 1150px;
max-width: 98%;

discourse.scss after 333 line add (.wrap)

max-width: 100%;

topics.scss at 28 line change (.container.posts)

grid-template-columns: auto auto;
grid-template-columns: auto 95px;

topic-post.scss at 482 line change (.topic-body)

width: calc(#{$topic-body-width} + (#{$topic-body-width-padding} * 2));
width: calc(100% - 50px);

Iā€™m not 100% sure about width: calc(100% - 50px);, but letā€™s see what users say.

1 Like

The layout here is so different. Will there be a theme that makes it more like old win-raid? I really liked the look and styling of old win-raid.

@wendell @plutomaniac
Did you read it!

ok I think old threads are updated, anyone want to help check?

1 Like

looks like it

a lot of the threads have newer replies, so it seems to have worked

2 Likes

Does someone know of (an already existing, before December 2021) post which added/changed/removed an attachment between mid-December and late April? We would like to check if these got updated as well. Titles of interim-updated threads are not updated, from what I can see, but the post contents seem to be up-to-date now.

Hey ā€œbossā€, i just checked 2 older posts before Nov 21, attachments seems ok, regards.

1 Like

Wew lads. That was a pain. On to private messages. I have good helpers :slight_smile:

How hard is it to edit some files?
Large Icon missing

As easy as it is for you to be patient, but most importantly: polite.

Forum Rules > #1

1 Like

you just got roasted

Better not answer. :rofl: